The intellectual property (IP) is a Crude Pollen Extract used for diagnostics (skin allergy testing), and therapeutic (specific allergen immunotherapy) use. It includes 3 weeds, 15 grass, and 5 tree local pollen extracts currently solely manufactured by the Section of Allergy and Immunology (SAF) of Philippine General Hospital (PGH). These allergen extracts are all local plant flora
- Wide array of pollen extracts: 3 weeds, 15 grass, and 5 tree
- Tested and proven by clinical practitioners
- All local pollen – applicable to Filipino patients
- Widely available raw materials in the Philippines
MARKET APPLICATIONS AND COMMERCIAL OPPORTUNITIES
Globally, 22.1% of prevalence among 13-14 years old are reported. In the Philippines, 20% of the population has allergy symptoms of which 21% are children, 26% are teenagers, and 36.47% are adults. According to the National Nutrition and Health Survey, 2 out of every 10 Filipinos suffer from allergic rhinitis. During the period of 1986-2006, the cases of respiratory allergies doubled. This made the country one of the top Asian countries with the prevalence of common allergies. Filipino children aged 13-14 years old in effect revealed to have the highest incidence rates of allergic diseases.
Currently, the IP is being manufactured on a laboratory scale at PGH. It has proven sales at a pre-commercialization stage.
Ready and tested for manufacturing and distribution.
Utility Model Granted
TYPE OF PARTNERSHIP BEING SOUGHT
- Licensing. We are looking for IP licensees interested in expanding their line of products.
- Co-Investment/Co-Funding. We are looking for partners and co-investors to fund further studies for characterized pollen extracts.
The IP demonstrated the ability for allergen incorporation and release, with good physical properties that are useful in skin allergy testing.